Holiday & Work

Tourism Australia has a unique opportunity running for young people wanting to work in Australia whilst on a Working Holiday Visa.

Anyone between the ages of 18 and 30 years can apply and be eligible. Visit here to apply for a Working Holiday Visa subclass 417.

There are some requirements to be eligible. For example, you have to have at least AUD $5000 in the bank and a return ticket (or proof you can purchase one).

You can stay in Australia for a period of 12 months from the day you arrive. You can come and go as you wish during this time, and still clock up a full 12 months.

The 417 Visa allows you to take short-term and casual employment to fund your travelling and pay for your holiday. You can stay in one paid job for a maximum of 6 months, however this can be extended with special permission.

If you wish to extend your visa, you can get another year if you have undertaken at least three months of specified work in an approved industry. These include plant and animal cultivation, which fits perfectly with doing some WWOOFing Volunteer work alongside your paid work.