Working Holiday Visa

desert camping and volunteering

If you have a passport from your existing country of residence, then you may be able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa for Australia.

With a working holiday visa, you must be at least 18 years of age and hold a current passport. You will be able to stay in Australia initially for 1 year and do casual and part-time work in certain industries.

It’s great for filling in your Gap year. If you’re not sure what you want to do when you “grow up”, then perhaps you need to travel, broaden your horizons and get a taste for a few skill-sets that you may not have the opportunity in your home country.

Doing some volunteer, or WWOOFing volunteer work, or paid work, in another country can look great on your CV and make you stand out from the rest of the pack, when applying for a job back home.

If you’re wanting to stay at least 2 years in Australia, then you will need to comply with a few requirements. The main one being that you have worked at least 3 months with a single employer in your first 12 months. The type of Visa depends on where you come from. There is a sub-class 417 and a subclass 462 Visa. Check the Government’s Immigration website for details on both Visas.

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter