Volunteer & WWOOFing Visas

Australian Visas

Before you come to Australia to Volunteer or Work, you must organise your own Visa requirements.

It’s very important to have the correct Visa before you arrive. The Australian Government has a very informative website explaining all facets and requirements for all the Visas.

Below are some excerpts from their website, explaining what each Visa is for.

To do basic unpaid, voluntary work in Australia, you can potentially travel on the:

  1. Work and Holiday Visa 462
  2. Tourist Stream Visa 600-601

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-462

First Work and Holiday visa 462

This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) have an extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip.

  • You must have a passport from an eligible country
  • You can work while you are here
  • You can apply for a second Work and Holiday visa if you meet certain eligibility criteria

Second Work and Holiday visa

This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) who currently hold, or who have held, a Work and Holiday visa, have a second working holiday in Australia.

  • You must have a passport from an eligible country
  • You can do any kind of work while you are here
  • You must have completed 3 months of specified subclass 462 work while holding your first 462 visa


link; https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)

This visa stream lets you visit Australia as a tourist, to go on a cruise or to see family and friends.


Up to 12 months


From AUD140

Processing Time

  • 75% of applications: 19 days
  • 90% of applications: 27 days
  • We might grant you a stay of 3, 6 or 12 months
  • Eligible parents of Australian citizens might be granted a longer validity period
  • Visit friends and family, cruise or have a holiday